Freak o' Lantern Freak o' Lantern

This game is definitely a Halloween classic on Newgrounds. The beginning intro seems to be straight out of a horror flick and the music is great, if not perfect for the game. The game also has simple controls and is super fun to play. Overall great game!

Morph'em Morph'em

Cool concept, online is a little slow but still implemented nicely and it is good fun to place by ones self. Adding some music would have been nice but without music I can play whatever I like which is always a plus in my book.

You Only Need One You Only Need One

Simple gameplay and a odd art design but the message in it was strong and the writing really helped send that message. The music is weird and out of place which makes it perfect for the game. Also like Killingyoutwice said I also feel going left was to show how different the main character and basically everyone is. Quite the nice game you have here. Also the ending was very easy to enjoy and well worth the few minute walk to get there.

Zos Zos

The music and art are nostalgic which is great. Being able to speed the text up would be great as it goes by slowly. The controls are simple and the premise of the game is a good one. The animations are great. I notice when jumping my characters hair moves up and down. Also the death animation where blood splatters everywhere is nicely done. Mixing potions is great fun. One problem I have encountered is some objects you will walk through but then coming back they are barriers for some reason. This story is truly an interesting one.

The Everloom The Everloom

To start the music is absolutely beautiful. The art style is simple but oh so fitting. The world is great fun to explore and to hear everyone's stories. The writing is superb! I also enjoy the characters looks. They all have certain looks that are quite interesting. The sound effects for the water and the effect for the water crashing is cool. The fire at the Cult Camp is also cool and just fun to look at. This game is really great.

Tea Sim Tea Sim

For a joke game it is quite well done. Good on you Sir, good on you.

Super Polytris Super Polytris

I am not big into playing Tetris clones has I frequent playing Tetris on an NES but this is quite the game. The quick mode is aptly titled, it is very easy to jump in and play and is very enjoyable. The built in modes are great fun and adding online scores and online modes is genius! Great game!

mr-johnson22 responds:

Yowza, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for the feedback on the menus & features. :)

NG BBS Awards 2013 NG BBS Awards 2013

That song being used every year now? Great, I love it! I shall now talk about the awards.

Funniest User - Seriously Newgrounds? Seriously?
Biggest Attention Whore - I am not shocked.
Drama Queen - Another good choice.
Never Logs Off - Gagsy had a good run.
I Miss Yew - Good, very good.
Master Creator - Didn't expect to see Tom there.
Rookie of the Year - He is a '12er. He is invalid.
Most Improved - I'll agree.
Biggest Spammer - Hella agree.
Most Overrated - Lots of awards for Ghandi.
Most Underrated - I probably put JackHo but Sense is a great choice!
Worst Mod - But pox isn't Mal so how did he win?
Best Mod - stafffighter is cool.
Worst Poster- Another award for Ghandi.
Best Poster - Yurgen deserved this award.
Worst Username Change - Should I be happy I didn't win?
Thread Awards - Good choices NG.

Now onto the quiz!

The quiz was fun. I only got 20 plus the bonus right but it was fun nevertheless. Maybe I shall win something next year.

Cyberdevil responds:

Yeah, gotta stick to tradition! :) I was planning to include the throwdown track too (it's been used in older games, for mini-games etc) but it was much easier with just one track playing continually. Kinda overpowers some of the sound effects though...

Nice analysis/review! Maybe time to enforce some rules on who can be nominated for rookie huh... though since he did sign up at the end of 2012 he didn't have much of a chance at it back then. Username change... you've changed your name? I should probably know this, but wonder what your last one was?

20's not bad! With more research it shouldn't be impossible for anyone to get a perfect score either... if you want the medals that is. :P Next year!

Think Tank Think Tank

I remember when this came out, I really wanted to play it but I never got around to it. Better late than never. The sound effects and music fit the art style very well. The mines like to blow up when I don't touch them which isn't cool. The level design is very nice and the dialogue written is written well. Good game!

Pjorg responds:

thanks man!

Gates vs. Jobs: The Game! Gates vs. Jobs: The Game!

The voice of Gates was purposely annoying but was just unbearable. The game itself was a little slow but nothing that messed up gameplay. The graphics still hold up to this day and overall this is a nice little game to kill time with.