Vecina Volleys Vecina Volleys

This song is very repetitive and I love for that reason. The rhodes sounding piano that comes in around 1:15 is a great addition and just adds to that funky feel. The bass in the song is nearly perfecting; fitting in with everything. I am definitely checking out the album this is on!

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

Aww yis, please do!

Cosmic Debris Cosmic Debris

I absolutely love Frank Zappa and this song so my expectations are very high. Your voice seems very bluesy, almost a little too much for this song. The guitar is good but the beauty of the original was all the instruments Zappa blended into the masterpiece we call "Cosmic Debris". I don't hate this cover but it's a minimalistic cover which is odd for the song being covered. From 01:51 to 02:19 the guitar was pretty darn good. From 02:40 to 03:02 it just really bothered me, it sounded like you were trying to hard. The rest of the song after that was okay but nothing to write home about.

CosmicAlfonzo responds:

It's kind of hard to do the original justice, you are right, the song is going to sound empty without all those little instrumental punctuations that give the studio version that swami feel.

It's a very bare cover, I don't have many opportunities to record. This particular recording was a one shot take with a portable microphone that died every 10 minutes. Was kind of a pain in the ass.

But this is version is obviously not meant to be a perfect reproduction. To be honest, in a world where computers can pretty much play anything perfectly every time, I'd prefer to be the guy who does it different. It is its own thing, got its own sauce to it.

Karma Police (Cameron Mathews Karma Police (Cameron Mathews

Good song choice first off. The guitar isn't very acoustic sounding or good sounding at all but the piano sounds good. The drums are a bit too quiet as well as a little pop sounding and your voice doesn't fit the song but you do have a pretty good voice. A bit disappointing so far. At 02:22 that part in the song is amazing and I must say you did it very well. From 03:32 on it was just okay, nothing super special.

Something About Us Cover Something About Us Cover

I love Daft Punk and love the pure beauty of "Something About Us" so I was a little scared to listen to this knowing this could very well suck since I'm not familiar with your stuff, but man you did not disappoint. Good cover is all I have to say!

ReizoNaoko responds:

Thank you very much.

LB - The place I met you. LB - The place I met you.

Sounds like something I would hear in a heart to heart type of scene in a fantasy movie or game. Really like this piece. Even the mistakes don't bother me that much since it was just one live take.

Without you Without you

The piano and strings sound very clean and nice and the percussion in the beginning makes me think of a late night club playing some smooth Jazz. That guitar sounds amazing when it comes in until it leaves. The percussion throughout the song was pretty good but the snare I believe it was just seems weird in the song. The fade out ending was very well done.

jaysummers759885 responds:

Hmmmm, maybe the snare has a bit too much "punch", maybe I should go back and take out some compression. You are right.

Thanks for your kind and honest review friend ^_^

~J

Fired Up Fired Up

The beginning is really cheerful and I like it a lot. At 00:31 the percussion sounds pretty nice. It is in some ways repetitive but I don't mind since it does sound really good. I think the ending could've been a lot better and I also think maybe extending this and exploring this would improve it.

Lazy Summer Lazy Summer

The kick sounds perfect first off. At 00:32 it had a nice little fade in with those added synthesizers. At 01:00 you basically began what I like to call "Perfect Trance". At 01:30 it just sounds amazing. I love you for making this track. Only two minutes in and it's already one of the best songs I've heard on Newgrounds. From 02:00 to 02:26 was pretty nice from then until 02:41 was slightly less cool but it was short and sweet. I expect this to be front paged, downloaded a bunch, and put in a bunch of crappy flashes due to the popularity.

Sequenced responds:

D'aww... <3

Newgrounds Assassin Jam Newgrounds Assassin Jam

Damn. I wish you guys could have finished in time. Sorry I organized this so terribly. Hopefully if I ever try my hand at another Jam it will run much smoother.

bigjonny13 responds:

One day man, and don't worry

Druken Needle - Unmixed Druken Needle - Unmixed

This is really calming until about 1:50 where it gets a little weird and I just like it a lot less. The first 1:49 seconds were pretty good though.

eppskevin responds:

Hey it's all good. I love chips and just mixing different sounds. But I'm glad you dug some of it, though. Just trying to break boundaries and expand my sound.